Benefits of becoming a CAPA member:
CAPA’s 700+ members (more than 400 active members) form an extensive network in all sectors of pathology practice in North America and other parts of the world, including academic, private and industrial institutions. CAPA membership puts you right in contact with many other members in the CAPA community.
CAPA holds its annual meeting in conjunction with USCAP meeting and discusses diverse range of issues and topics important to its members. It has employed different formats and covered many topics, including scientific and research collaborations, career development and employment opportunities. CAPA also offers diagnostic pathology courses and various online CME opportunities, which have become very popular among its members.
Pathologists-in-training are encouraged to become members. CAPA holds its annual Best Abstract Awards with certificates and cash awards. Many CAPA members are involved in fellowship programs. The Resident Subcommittee of the Career Development Committee is actively engaged in mentoring new residents and fellows.
All committees are open to all CAPA members and encourage their active participation.
How to get involved in CAPA:
CAPA is a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers. Please fill out the application form to become a member and if interested, volunteer for committee activities. If you wish spend more time and effort, you can nominate yourself or ask another member to nominate you during the open election to become an executive committee (EC) member or president-elect. The minimum qualification for EC member and president-elect is demonstrating years of interest in CAPA and willingness to serve the public benefits of CAPA. Demonstration of leadership and organizational skills is highly desirable for president-elect.
CAPA relies in large part on its members’ generous support for all its activities. The majority of membership dues go to annual meeting. All CAPA positions are held by volunteers. Please attend the annual meeting to see the detailed financial report. The categories of membership include:
- Regular membership: US $50/year
- Associate membership for pathologists-in-training: Free
- Affiliate membership for biomedical researchers: US $50/year
- Lifetime membership: US $500
How to become a member:
Follow these two easy steps to register and pay membership due online.
- Step 1: Fill out this online Google Form to enter your personal information
- Step 2: Pay membership due online with PayPal or Credit Card (choose the correct membership category below). Note even if you do not have PayPal account, you can still pay online by clicking “Pay with Credit or Debit Card” at the bottom of payment page.
- If you are unable to pay online, you may write a check payable to CAPA and mail it to the Chair of Membership Committee (see below). A receipt will be sent to you upon receival of the payment.
Guoping Cai, M.D.
Department of Pathology
Yale University School of Medicine
310 Cedar Street, Suite CB 506B
New Haven, CT 06510
For questions, please contact the Membership Committee Chair. We would like to thank you again for your support for CAPA and look forward to serving you.
CAPA Membership Committee